To provide strategic leadership in planning, resource mobilization, financial and human resource management, and administration and ICT services for the realization of the Council’s mandate.
- To oversee the development, implementation and review of Human Resource Management, Records Management and Administration strategies, Policies, Procedures and standards.
- To coordinate the implementation of Human Resource functions relating to staff recruitment, placement, career progression/staff promotion, performance management, training & development, salary administration and staff separation.
- To promote creation of a seamless organization and conducive work environment that harness potential of all employees.
- To provide guidance and advice on matters relating to human resource and administration, records, policies and regulations.
- To manage staff disciplinary & grievance process and employee relations.
- To analyzes and reports on financial performance.
- To tracks the Council’s budget and manages financial reporting of the Council which includes quarterly reports and donor/partners financial reports.
- To manages and oversees compliance with statutory requirements.
- To manages relationships with external auditors.
- To manages and overseeing the council’s banking arrangements
- To coordinates Council’s procurement and asset disposal activities in line with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and the Regulations requirements.
- To coordinates the preparation and implementation of Council’s procurement and asset disposal plans.
- To guide market surveys to inform the placing of orders or adjudication by the relevant awarding authority.
- To oversee the preparation of abstracts of offers, requisitions of scope of work and specifications of goods and services.
- To manage contracts issued for suppliers’ adherence to contract terms and regulations.
- To spearhead formulation and review of ICT policies, strategies, procedures, guidelines and adherence to standards.
- To oversee administration, development, maintenance and optimization of ICT Network Infrastructure, Systems and Applications.
- To coordinate deployment of ICT disaster recovery systems and processes.
- To provide technical advice to the Council on ICT infrastructure, systems and related applications.
- To advice on ICT security solutions.
- To coordinate corporate communication activities during Council’s events and conferences.
- To drive promotion of the NCPD brand to enhance visibility and image.
- To spearhead and maintains appropriate relations and protocols with both internal and external publics.
- To coordinate perception surveys, media research & analysis, PR research, gather communication intelligence and carry out audience analysis.
- To coordinate generation of content to the website and other social media platforms.
- To oversee development, implementation and review of internal audit policies, standards, guidelines, procedures and programmes in line with relevant regulations.
- To provide technical advice to the management on application and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the Council.
- To spearhead implementation of the Council`s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- To guide implementation and review of audit management and control systems.
- To advice on corporate governance issues in the Council.
- To guide formulation, implementation and review records management policies, standard, strategies, guidelines and procedures and programme.
- To provide technical advice on filing classification schemes, records retention and disposal schedules.
- To guide the Council on security of records and appropriate storage.
- To coordinate automation and digitization of the Council’s records.
- To advise the users of records on available information for planning and decision making purposes.
- To spearhead the development, implementation and review of administrative policies, strategies, standards and procedures.
- To coordinate transport and oversees implementation of the transport policy at the Council.
- To coordinate implementation of safety and security policies, regulations and standards within the Council premises.
- To guide the review and updating of the Council’s asset register in line with existing legislation.
- To advise on the usage, location and movement of the Council’s
- To coordinate development, implementation and review of the Council’s Strategic Plan aligned to Vision 2030 and the respective Medium Term Plans.
- To Guide the development, implementation and reporting of the Council’s Annual Work Plan and Performance Contract.
- To Guide the development of the Council’s budget and preparation of budget reports.
- To Guide the implementation of Quality Management Systems, Information Security Management System and other standards in the Council.
- To Coordinate development, implementation and review of resource mobilization framework and partnerships policies.