The National Council for Population Development (NCPD) a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency charged with the responsibility of coordinating the implementation of population and development activities in Kenya.
We are mandated by the Legal Notice No. 120 of October 29, 2004, which gives the council authority and responsibility for the overall direction, management and coordination of population and development issues. The following are the functions of the Council;
- To Research and analyze population issues and develop policies relating to population.
- To provide leadership and mobilize support for population programmes, including coordination and implementation by different organizations.
- To assess the impact of population programmes and make recommendations arising from such assessments.
- To Identify and advise on population issues that may not be adequately or appropriately dealt with by the government.
- To Create public awareness on population and development issues in Kenya
- To Undertake viable advocacy activities aimed at achieving support on certain population concerns
The council remains committed in its rightful role towards realizing our mandate; we continue to promote and coordinate population and development activities in Kenya with our stakeholders as well as acting as a focal point for leadership and guidance in matters related to population and development in the country.